Friday, December 9, 2016

10 Gifts for Quilters 2016 - Off the Wall Friday

In 2014, I originally blogged this list andddddddd I thought quilters and artists deserved an update. Some practical, some whimsical, and some just darn cute!   Without further ado

 1.  Kallax Shelves from IKEA - Who doesn't like cubbie holes.  You can put little bins on them, holding fabric, paint, dye, notions, etc  - all on display.

2. Bobbin Buddies  - Now I  like my amazing bobbin cases (and mostly just use neutrals in the bobbin anyways)but some people like to have exact matching thread.  These handy, dandy idea are perfect for that  - especially if you are in the middle of  a project!

3.  Rotary Blades - 45 mm - I know boring right?  But these suckers are getting expensive and what quilter doesn't go too long  before replacing a dull one.  Not to mention a fresh rotary blade is heaven!

4.  Grayscale Markers - Can Anybody say Value Drawing???  Markers are just that much faster than pencils.  (My Christmas wishlist  this year included a set by Tombow)

5.  Quilt/Art Calendar - Does your quilter have a favorite artist??  Or quilting style??  A good calendar can keep her on track!  (My favorite is Art Page A Day Calendar - amazing quality!  Love seeing what piece of art pops up next and then I can recycle a lot of days into an inspirational notebook)

6.  A Raskog Utility Cart from Ikea - Storage, Movement, Storage, Movement - enough said

7.  Inspirational Sign for her Creative Space - I mean, seriously, Don't we all need some inspiration from time to time?

8.  Art  Book - Give the gift of knowledge!  On my wish list this year is Art: Over 2500 works from Cave to Contemporary

9.  A box of  local Take out Menus and a gift cards to go with them.  We all need to eat right?  But who wants to stop to cook the food?

10.  Time.  This has not changed since 2014 - Every quilter, every artist needs time.


Sorry this is posted late.  I'm just so poopped after work to get it done properly!!

So What Have You Been Up to Creatively?

5 comments:

Jenny K. Lyon said...

Grayscale markers! Never heard of them and now I NEED them!

Afton Warrick said...

Great ideas! I could totally go for 2,3, 6, 9 & 10.

Kimberly Smith said...

How about #14, time? I'll take some of that if you have extra. Perhaps I should learn to use what I already have more efficiently first though. lol. Thanks for the linkup!

Nina Marie said...

I swear I just read through this and caught a bunch of typo's - I really should be banned from writing blog posts during RUSH week at work. I'm such a mess - grin!

Unknown said...

Love the rolling storage. I'm trying to figure out how I would use it in my sewing room. I'm running short of floor space.