Friday, October 7, 2016

Return to the Studio - Off the Wall Friday

Little by little, I'm getting into the groove of my new routine.  This week, I returned to my sewing machine and and started back in on a abstract piece that I've been working on for the last year.  OMG - has it been a year??  How in the world did that happen??  I swear I don't know where the time goes.

That said, when I'm working on it, I know where the the time goes.  It goes into me cutting and piecing and cutting  and pieces - ohhhh and wait for it - cutting and piecing it once again.   I do love the effect of the my improve piecing but it does seem to take forever. 

Since this has been an on going project, I keep my value road map near by to remind me where I am.  I also keep a running list of where I need to go next.  That way if I pop into the studio for a few minutes of sewing, I know exactly where I left off. 

Still, I do miss my Thursdays off.  sighhhhhhhh - change is hard.

Ohhh and Happy Birthday to my mother  today!!!!   That's me in the snazzy red cap!!


So What Have Been Up to Creatively?

3 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

I think it's remarkable how much you DO get accomplished considering your busy work schedule!!!

LA Paylor said...

NM you look like your mom! Hope she and you have a happy day
LeeAnna

Sylvia said...

Happy Birthday Nina-Marie's Mom! It is a great day for birthdays! My brother would have been 59 today. Cute photograph, love the hat!