Monday, November 12, 2012

Seeing the Light - Design Wall Monday

Well as you can see the Crosses 3 is coming together nicely.  Although this is a repeat of the value study in Sonlight, this one is definitely taking on its own flavor.  I'm trying to lighten up on a bunch of the things I did in the first one.  Different saturations, more piecing, less planning.  Its all adding up to a more interesting quilt.. . . . I think. . . .

Kali keeping me company
Anyways,  I spent the weekend resolving the light center and now I'm moving away from the light to the edges.  Last time, I just made light, medium and dark blocks.  This time I'm trying to use more transitional blocks that will help the value shifts more pleasing.  Plus that way, I should waste less time making blocks that I might or might  not use in the end.

Still none of those blocks from before were a waste - all the scraps from that and some from Abandoned are being used in this one.  How very Quilter of me!

Next up???  The medium and dark edges - I gotta make sure that all that  green doesn't end up on the left side and that the values shifts are more seamless.  Sighhhhh Momma's work is never done.

See more great design boards at Judy's Patchworks.

8 comments:

Eileen said...

Beautiful! I have a cat too that loves to keep me company!

Lynette said...

How cute - it looks like she's studying the WIP and pointing at something to be shifting. :) This one is really coming together nicely!

Gari in AL said...

I really like the look of this quilt. glad My mind cannot think this way: so I can enjoy your creativity.

Nina said...

Just stumbled upon your blog through Jo's Country Junction blog and noticed your name - same as mine! As another Nina you know how unusual it can be to find someone with the same first name, let alone the same first and middle names!

Sylvia said...

I really love how this is turning out! And I love how you are using leftovers!

Kate said...

Love the way you've been very deliberate with the color. Beautiful project!

Rayna said...

I think the design is the most challenging and educational part of the whole creative process. Look forward to seeing the result.

Lori said...

Very interesting, can't wait to see the finished quilt.